Combi Question

Having had only conventional boilers myself, the combi over at the village hall is heating but not hot watering, how does the hot water part work is there a flow switch that comes on when the tap is turned on? is this the most likely fault?

TIA

Reply to
David

depends how its all plumbed, many options.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

A quick test is to see whether the boiler fires up when a tap is run. If it does then the fault is likely to be in a component known as a diverter valve. This directs the boiler to heat water rather than radiators when a tap is run.

If there is no flame when a tap is run then is't the flow detector. Unfortunately there are a variety of mechanisms used from model to model.

A make and model is useful in these discussions.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , snipped-for-privacy@chaplehouse.demon.co.uk writes

You'm be suffering from

"My car doesn't work"

"What car is it?"

"one with four wheels"

.... syndrome

Reply to
raden

Indeed true. However if someone says I turn the key and nothing happens you could hazard a very informed guess.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

But not at all as informed as could be if the OP gave a model

Reply to
raden

For sure.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

OK, I've been over and dusted the thing off, its a Trianco (which I've always considered to be crap) oil fired combi and what looks like 110 F/6 or maybe FS, make any sense? the plate is very faded.

Reply to
David

I've come in at this stage and unless I dig back into this thread I can't see what the problem was so can we now start again with a description of the problem and the make and model all in one post. BTW Trianco are the makers of the metal box containing the water and the assemblers of a number of other components bought in from a number of industry standard component suppliers. they are no better and no worse than most of their competitors (with minor variations of detail in the design of the package)

Reply to
John