Combi boiler - long wait to get hot water

Very low grade.

Advantages over what? The space saving is minimal, and never seems to be a problem when you recommend a heatbank. A certain inconsistency......

Of course.. :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

What question?

Reply to
IMM

In article , Andy Hall writes

quite. The idiot IMM also favours modern houses which are built like rabbit hutches (space and quality wise) and so have no room for a storage cylinder anyway. One of the great advantages of older houses is that there's room to move about.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Enough to get washed while the combi gets fixed.

Nonsense! A cylinder & tank take up a large volume. And in a flat or small house that is a lot.

You are very bright! A heat bank is when a combi cannot cope and they can do bathrooms.

If I could do that I would be 5 mill richer each week.

Reply to
IMM

This fool obviously has never been in modern house. You can keep your cold, damp asthma infested old crocks.

For your info on your lovable old house...

There are currently three million people in the UK living in 1.5 million homes officially classified as unfit, and this situation is unlikely to improve in the foreseeable future. 2.5 million homes suffer from severe damp, and the cost of remedying these conditions is estimated between 46 and

70 billion pounds.

House conditions were found to contribute to "chronic chest disease", hypothermia and digestive condition.

The above was some of the findings of a report commissioned by the Joseph Rowntree Organisation published by the National Housing Forum in 1996. The situation has changed little since then. In fact the UK (pop 60 million) last year built only 3 times as many homes as Ireland (pop 3.4 million). The situation is chronic, and the land issue is at the base of all the ills.

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

You're the fool for wanting to live in a jerry-built timber-framed rabbit hutch, squeezed onto an "estate" with umpteen characterless clone "executive showhouses", built down to the lowest possible price (see the current thread on ring main sizing in a new house) by greedy cowboy builders, with inadequate foundations (see

on land prone to flooding. The NHBC "guarantee" appears to be worthless, run by a cartel funded by the cowboy builders themselves.

On the other hand, my 1930's semi-detached is solidly built, toasty warm, has been rewired and replumbed to a high standard, has new windows, a new kitchen, a new bathroom, and best of all, room to move around in. And it has character.

HTH, HAND, FOAD.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Says who?

I know some "very large" brand new homes. You know nothing of timber framed homes to make such a silly remark.

I know of some new homes with lots of character and every home different around.

I know of many old homes that flood. I know of many 1920-30s semi's that were Jerry built and super small and have foundation problems.

Toasty warm? They had NO insulation whatsoever. They cost more to heat than a very large new detached house. Solidly built? They have wooden ground floors that make moise when you walk on them, unlike modern homes with insulated silent solid floors.

Do you mean that modern plumbing and wiring that is in new houses?

Do you mean those modern windows, kitchen and bathrooms that are in new houses?

New homes are largere than those awful inter-war semi's.

I have yet to see ANY inter-war semi with any character whatsoever. You must be dreaming. In the 1920-30s the then new semi's were castigated. Some idiot called Benjamin made derogatory poems about them. He did have a point!

Do you have 2.2 children as well?

Reply to
IMM