Colouring lime in walls.

I've been asked about how to colour the lime that will be used in a log wall (lime and logs (me, I'd have gone for a nice sheet of WBP board)).

Colouring the whole mix is of course a (expensive) option. Is it possible to paint on (and achieve a reasonable bond) a thin coat of lime/?/colour later, and get good results. Or should it really be done before the main lot sets? A thin (1mm or so) painted layer, or a 1cm layer? Thoughts?

Reply to
Ian Stirling