Colour of central heating water

I fitted an extra radiator in my house the other day. Some of the existing water leaked out into a bowl during the process. I was surprised at the colour: like oxtail soup (though not as thick!) or like stewed tea with only a drop of milk in it. Is that normal?

I think I drained and flushed the sytem about two years ago, and refilled it adding some Fernox descaling ant-corrosive aditive.

TIA,

Ed Boone

Reply to
Ed Boone

Just be grateful it isn't jet black and thicker than oxtail soup!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Simon, Thanks for the reply. Is the brown colour rust? Or is it the attitive? I'm trying to decide whether to flush and refill.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Boone