coffee-filter paper is excellent for ----- ?

what other uses can we find for this specialty paper?

Reply to
phlegmatico

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:17:29 -0700 (PDT), phlegmatico posted from gatekeeper.comfort.navy.mil :

Troll a UK newsgroup whilst doing bugger all in the US Navy?

Reply to
Emil Tiades

strain yogurt to make farmer cheez. or something.

Reply to
max

Straining the sediment from vintage or crusted port.

Reply to
Bob Eager

phlegmatico wrote in news:91dbdbec-2be5-4a48- snipped-for-privacy@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Use a filter in the bottom of the plastic bucket to keep your tomato plant's dirt from coming through when you grow tomatoes upside down in a bucket.

Reply to
Donna

Stuffing it up the arris of idiots who post stupid questions to the wrong group?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Chromatography.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Washing windows.

Reply to
scrapquilter

When you run out of candy at Halloween, you can give a sheet of coffee-filter paper instead. Watch the kid's eyes sparkle with delight.

Reply to
Tockk

Something perhaps but not cheese!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

But coffee filters are often coloured :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I use it for a final filtering of beeswax - after filtering it through tea-bag fabric.

Then I keep the wax impregnated papers to use for firelighters. They're fragrant and efficient, far superior to the horrid stinking paraffin blocks.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

arris n. edge, line where two surfaces meet

arse[??s] n. ass, buttocks (British Slang); someone who is stupid or repulsive (Offensive, British Slang)

begin 666 IMG_TitleMenuOpen.dat M1TE&.#EA"0`&`( !``$Y

Reply to
Arvin

'Arris, A tweed made by a cockney immigrant to Scotland.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

liner for potted plants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Lobo