Coat Hooks

I presume if patching a already skimmed wall, one would cut away a small section of skim in the clip positions.

Bit corny, but:

John Rumm

Sammy are you willing to do this?....

Position the coathanger on the wall were its going to be,level it up with a spirit level or eyesight? draw round the coathanger before taking it away.

I presume the coathanger is about 14" to 16" long? within the drawn rectangle on the PB cut out a 6" long rectangle and almost the width of the coathanger.

Now get a piece of 2x2 wood batten about the lenght of the coathanger and put a piece of string around the 2x2 batten,shove the 2x2 batten in the hole so that the wood goes behind the PB and pull the wood against the inside of the PB with the string try to line it up with the cutout as best you can then screw 2 or 3 screws through the PB and into the 2x2 wood batten on both sides of the cutout. Cut a piece of PB slightly smaller than the cutout and screw to batten then fill in any discrepancies.

Screw coathanger onto PB and through into the wood batten. ;-)

Reply to
George

Sure am. I have a few to put up actually. I may be better off removing the triangle pb, and replacing it with wood. At least it will last the test of time. Thanks for all the suggestions, its been a great help.

Sam

Reply to
Samantha Booth

I like the idea of replacing the plasterboard with wood - we did that in one section of the kitchen - made it much easier to mount things.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

If the rest are on straight walls e.g. not at an angle then any stress wil be straight down. Use a couple of expanding anchors

the base peice of wood with grab adhesive & tighten up the anchors. After an hour it wil be easier to pull a sailor off your sister.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman