coalhole - service mains + damp proofing

If that alcove is "under" the pavement, then walling up at your property line will leave the pies in a void, which is not allowed.
It is best to get the services renewed that require renewing; get a large bore plastic water pipe, then build a wall and fill in the void with earth. Make sure as you erect the wall it is waterproof on the outside.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.