Damp Proofing Systems

Hi , Our house is Victorian and a mix of brick and stone with dry lining by plaster board. The entrance hall is very damp on the exposed wall and I have seen various barrier systems using a tough plastic which is fastened over the inside of the wall and can be plastered. One make we have seen is Newlath 2000. Various people have advised me against Silicone Injection saying it is only a temporary fix. Obviously all the manufacturers make lavish claims for their product and I would be grateful for any comments on these methods or any other recommendations.

Many Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark Stowell

First job is to identify why it is damp. Usual suspects are guttering, pointing etc.

mark

Reply to
mark

Ring Mike Holmes!

Reply to
diy-newby

Before you go wasting your money you should think about paying for an independent inspection and report by an independedent building surveyor.

DIY

Spot on. Any attempt at repair without fully understanding the cause is quite likely to make it worse.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel