Cleaning (brick dust)

OK, so the builders have finished the dirty work. We need to move back in this weekend, and so a mammoth cleaning job is required. Any tips? or is it just Bucket, Sponge and soapy water? TIA
--
Vass
'02 R1, '90 CBR1000F
Vass wrote:

vacuum cleaner.

is
Start dry - hoover up as much as possible before the sponge and soapy water.
AWEM

Nooooo!!! no sponges. I tried that on the doors after I finished sanding the hall walls, just moved the dust around into big streaks. I used an old teatowel. The trick is to use it just wet enough but not dripping, rinse it regularly and change the water more often than you want to.
Peter
www.the-brights.net
Peter Ashby wrote:

The trick is when clearing up anything like this - and that includes the cement and grout off tiles - to do ONE wipe, then squeeze and rinse the sponge dry, and then wipe again..and change the water every half hour or so.
Most of the dust settles out as sediment, which is why you only change it every ha;f hor.
Even so, a rewipe with clean water after its all done, often gets another layer off.
But wherever possible if its dry to start with, use a vacuum.
Vass wrote:

Hire a big industrial type vacuum.. Make sure you get dusting brushes & crevice tools with it.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

YES. This is definitely the way to go. Avoid wet situations until you have done this!!

use a cyclone (but not dysoon) that allone clears close to all of it.
NT

A Henry vacuum cleaner. And then elbow grease (I think Aldi have it on special offer at the moment)
Adam
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:29:39 GMT, "ARWadsworth"

Elbow gease and scratch are always to be found on the same shelf at all major stores.
--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Visio Utilities http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk /