cistern syphon replacement

Our loo has started to play up after ~15 years of use, and it can probably be sorted by simply (?) replacing the syphon unit (pending a full refit probably some time next year)

There are a few shown here, but i`m curious as to the different height syphons they show - would it make any particular difference in a bog- standard plastic cistern ? (no pun intended) - I can`t actually see a manufacurer on it cistern itself, but i`m guessing they`re all pretty much standard units ?!?

Cheers

Reply to
Colin Wilson

That would be a senisble persons conclusion,but the realality is that there many different syphons out there,if you can take it out first and take it with you then you should be able to match it at most plumbase or center.

Reply to
Alex

Small update - I ordered the cheapest "universal" unit from screwfix, and despite one small problem regarding the amount of "flush" it went in far easier than I, as a plumbing newbie, ever expected.

The only "problem" was a plastic tab you`re supposed to click into place to block a couple of holes - the tab was too small, so they wouldn`t grip

- one tiny brainstorm later, and I simply stuck insulating tape across the inside of the holes (as the pressure would be acting outwards) to seal them that way, and it works like a charm.

Reply to
Colin Wilson