Christmas tree unlighting

In message , Broadback writes

Not at all. That would be the electricians who had to squeeze one more supply out of the over full dis-board to power up one more *must have* set of drives during the summer shut down.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It's just a special PIC isn't it?

Reply to
mogga

THis year I removed all the bulbs, tested each one with a meter, threw away the two duds and put them all back plus tow spates also tested.

All still working.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Twelfth Night: 5th January Twelfth Day (Epiphany): 6th January

The decorations should all be down by sunrise on the 6th Jan.

Richard.

Richard Russell

Apparently police helicopter pilots can't tell the difference between flashing blue lights on vehicles in the road and strings of flashing blue lights fixed to houses. There was a news item about it the other day. I 'thought' they were 'calling' for domestic ones to be banned, don't remember that it said they had been banned.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I'd be quite happy for all flashing lights to be banned. Slower, more gentle changes are fine - but I detest the ON/OFF flashing lights.

Reply to
polygonum

IIRC there has never been any restriction on vehicles showing blue lights, only flashing ones. The police used to pull people for this, but found that they had no grounds to, so stopped. However, I have noticed quite a few trucks with red Christmas lights in the cab and there is a specific prohibition against showing a red light to the front (or a white to the rear).

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW