Choice of sealant for a shower enclosure

Chasing a leak from between the cabinet and tray of my power shower I have stripped away all the existing sealant. I now have lovely clean, dry unsealed surfaces.

What sealant should I use from the myriad that seem to be available?

For example there is one called Everseal Bath and Sanitary anti-fungal sealant for £1.51 from Toolstation or one made by Henkel called Power Shower Sealant which is a snip at over £7.00?

BTW the leak was caused by the very small gaps between the panels and pillars of the cabinet allowing enough water in for limescale to form thus enlarging the gaps etc etc.

Also, having found the right 'stuff in a tube' do I apply it only on the outside of the cabinet as originally or on the inside or both?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

I have not found a great deal of difference between the brands - as long as it is fungicidal, it should be fine.

This largely depends on the design of the cabinet. Most are designed with exterior application in mind, so that water getting into the panels and joins can freely drain back into the tray.

Reply to
Grunff

The two I've fitted are like that. One piece of advice; use more sealer. No, more than *that*. No, *MORE*. You can always clean the excess off. Removing the cubicle to add more afterwards is a PITA.

Reply to
Huge