check your waste pipes

my kitchen sink isn't draining. I thought at first that the water in the gulley had frozen, but after several kettles of water to get through the accumulated ice and snow on top, I've found that it's OK - the problem is in the pipes leading from the sink to the gulley. I hadn't noticed before but at one point, the pipe has sagged and this part has clogged up with ice due to a dripping tap, of course the entire length back from this, towards the sink - a run of 10 feet including 3 90deg bends as subsequently completely blocked with ice, so a word of warning to everyone, check these ASAP, especially if you have a washing machine draining into a run.

Reply to
Phil L