chauffeuteux Brittany Combi

I have the above Combi Boiler and filling the bath is a nightmare. I am fully aware that with a combi its a slow process but trying to get a STEADY constant flow of HOT water through the taps is not possible when you think you have it it goes cold ? i take the tap to oe extreme and then SLOWLY turn it to a constant hot temperture leave it to run and then sometimes it jus goes cold. Any advice are the piping to small/ large ??

Reply to
tvm

I'm getting a new boiler, but it won't be a combi. I had one in the last house and it used to take a good half hour to fill the bath. By which time it was cold of course...lol.

I've been told if you want a combi you have to go for one that is more powerful then really necessary, just to get the extra flow rate.

Reply to
RedOnRed

And in all probability increase the size of the mains water feed to the house, and possibly the pipe sizes within it too. Strange the boiler makers rarely point this out. But then they usually quote best case heating performance too, where the temperature of the incoming water is higher than likely.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)