changing cooker control switch (with socket) into double socket

AFAIK dual boxes don't as the two plates would then be hard to line up.

Twin boxes (as for twin sockets) have adjustable lugs.

Reply to
dennis

I bought a couple of plastic patresses that were nominally 5mm deeper than the ones I had - nett gain of 2mm. Also, why so many different corners? Square and radiused, OK, but square ranging from smooth to finsharp, radii of several values - then there's the taper, so boxen of nominally the same size leave a ledge one way or t'other between the plate and patress. Yes, using them from the same manufacturer is (usually) OK, but changing a patress can be a tad fraught. [/rant]

Reply to
PeterC