Chanels on freesat?

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Umm .. can I put me 'learned audio friend straight?.

RF is not a black art its just poorly understood. It obeys much the same laws as every other thing in the universe;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

;-)

It may do - but calculating accurately the effect of a nearby brick wall might prove rather difficult. As will saying how much more loss a brown cable has over a black one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not hopeless necessarily, I am a similar distance from our transmitter and we still have two muxes on 1.5 and 1.1kW - both of which we are getting with decent quality.

At the lower end, a K will give a significant improvement over a wideband.

Indeed.

Reply to
John Rumm

yes, but you have to see the world as if you 5 meter eyes with very poor resolution working at very long wavelengths...:-)

And a pretty poor optic nerve that leaks..

I recall some interesting physics experiments with a giant wax 'lens' and two microwave transceivers..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Well you can measure that;)...

Reply to
tony sayer