Ch4 Grand Designs - what software used for plans?

I like watching the Grand Design series on channel 4.

Each program follows a new build project from inception to completion.

I'm impressed with the 3 dimensional computer models of the new designs that show what is going to be built.

Does anyone know what software is used to create this?

I know architects use Autocad LT but this generates 2D plans and not

3D models of the building.

Thanks

Reply to
Farouq

Archicad is used by my (architect) brother. You can plot 'fly through's for your design.

Sketch-up is often used for quick work with shapes.

Reply to
OG

I use Vector Works, It's capable of the fly throughs. Most top CAD programs can do it.

Reply to
Bill

The full version of Autocad will do 3D HTH

Reply to
NickNoxx

You need 3D architectural CAD software like Arcon. Which is very very expensive. But a cut-down version (max 4 storeys incl roof, and a few other limitations) appears as GSP 3D Home Designer for about £30. It's fun to play with.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Andy Burns