CH advice please.

Just convection? I suppose that would work, since the return is in the floor rather thank going back up a drop.

Not sure how that would work with a modern boiler though, especially a condensing boiler that wants to run at lower flow temps.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

There is a standard pump between the copper pipe from the boiler and the iron pipe going up to the loft. (Copper pipe is 1-inch external diameter and iron pipe is 45mm external diameter).

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yes, there is a standard pump, since I installed a new oil boiler on moving in to the house in 1969. Boiler was 90,000 BTU

Reply to
Bob Martin

Good idea, I'll do that :-)

Reply to
Bob Martin

Checking my recent gas bills the conversion is 31.4 and my annual gas use is about 24,000 kWh

Reply to
Bob Martin

The conversion between cubic and calorific measures are variable for natural gas. Normally a bill will show what energy value they used.

(Like it say in the wiki page: "The energy density of natural gas is typically in the range of 37.5 to 43 MJ/m³")

Reply to
John Rumm