ceramic tile cut-outs

greetings, gentlemen,

I found a quick and precise way of making cut-outs in bathroom tiles that couldn't easily be accomplished by any other means. It involved using a fine, pointy bit in my dremmel. This bit is about 2mm in diameter, 20mm long and coated in tiny little abrasive particles. At 8,000RPM, it makes short work of tiles up to about 8mm thick. And it creates hardly any dust!

Does anyone know what the name of this bit is and is it possible to buy a pack of 'em from anywhere? I want to avoid ordering an assortment of bits I won't use just to get this particular one I want. cheers,

cd.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Try googling for dremel diamond burr and compare the pictures Amazon seem to do several likely candidates.

JFGI as someone once wrote!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Same sort of idea as the tile cutting hacksaw "blades", which I have used a lot - you can drill a hole first to get the blade in. Although being able to plunge cut would be very useful if the cut is too far in for the hacksaw to reach. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I forgot the link:

Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Simon, you're a genius! You've given me a great idea. Just snip one of those "blades" into one-inch lengths, insert in Dremmel collet chuck and crack on! Yay!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Then watch collet get worn when the bit of blade snags or simply due to the friction. Might be wise to remove the abrasive particles from the blade where it will be in the collet.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

far too flexible. far too rough surfaced.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr