Ceramic Floor Tiles, quality ?

Hi

Need to choose ceramic floor tiles for kitchen/breakfast room/utility.

I notice the prices seem to very from £5 per M2 up to £12 M2 for standard type tiles. Wickes have a special offer on a range for £5 M2.

Is there anything I should be aware of going for the cheaper tiles, they all look the same to me, apart from colour that is.

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Curiosity

I've done quite a bit of floor tiling here (a total of about 35sqM now) and have used cheapo tiles from homebase which cost 4.50/M2, to "expensive" ones at £9/M2 from Wickes. can't say that I really noticed much difference. I was told that the cheaper ones tend to be less square but I can't say I really noticed that as mine were 'wobbly edged'. The cheap ones have not chipped any worse than the expensive ones (yes I managed to drop a drill on the cheapos, and a rad on the expenisve ones!) Go for what you like!

Reply to
Scott Mills

Tiles are normally graded on a scale from 1 to 5. 5 being the hardest. The grading should be shown on the packet.

Michael Chare

Reply to
Michael Chare

Thanks for the info, the box says they are graded for heavy use.

Paul

Reply to
Curiosity

Blimey. My current tiling is at £33 per square meter.

I have to say tho, that they look exactly like riven slabs of limestone!

I have NEVER encountered a tougher tile either. Or more accurate.

You get what you pay for.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

These are marked 4, is that good or bad ?, should they be hard or softer ?.

TIA

Paul

Reply to
Curiosity