Central Heating Radiators couple of questions.

I want to swap an old radiator with a relatively new one that I have managed to acquire. However the new one is roughly an inch narrower length wise (with the valves on) compared to the old one. Are there any valves / fittings that are adjustable that would accommodate the difference? It would save me going under the floor cutting / adjusting pipes etc.

I also have an other radiator I want to swap. It is a single 8ft x 1ft. I have a double 3ft x 2ft to replace it with. I'm only replacing it due to it taking up a whole wall. I take it the output is measured by the surface area, so the new 3ft x 2ft rad will easily match the old rad and more?

Thanks.

Reply to
How Bizarre

Forget the valve / fitting that is adjustable as I have just realised it will also be an inch deeper due to it being a double rad replacing a single rad!!

Can I use a flexible hose, something like

to connect the pipe work under the floor as the conditions are really bad to be aligning pipes etc?

Thanks

Reply to
How Bizarre

Uh, no. I don't think you can use that type of hose for heating. You can however use hep2o

or speedfit
both of which are available from almost all plumbers merchants though hep2o is more flexible. Note however that you cannot put a lot of stress on a Hep2o joint and the pipe will have to be clipped if you're bending it hard.

Moving a pipe sideways and forwards by an inch can be accomplished above the floor by simply soldering a couple of elbows (one street elbow and one normal elbow) together onto the pipe. You'll have to experiment but I don't think it will look too bad.

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

No you want screwfix part no

15531 or 17552

since you only have to find 25mm you can easily use only one adjustable tail and move the rad 13mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett