Central heating Problem - 1 side not working

Part of my central heating is working - 2 radiators left of the boiler are working without any problems. However, the other 3, right of the boiler are not working. I've bled the 3 non working radiators without any success in getting them to work.

However the pipes leading to the 3 non working radiators isn't hot.

These 3 radiators have previously worked - I'm not sure when the stopped working, but i think it could have been when i had my flat decorated and the decorator took of the radiators to paint and tile. Nevertheless, only one side of the central heating systems radiators are working now.

what can i do?

Reply to
henrooo

It'll be an airlock, presumably caused when your decorators took the rad off: see

(or

David

Reply to
Lobster

The decorator would have shut both valves before removing the rads - is there any chance that any of the valves were not opened after re-fitting the rads? Have you tried running the CH with the 2 left rads turned off to see if the 3 right rads get hot then? What came out when you bled the rads?

Reply to
Codswallop

Buy an ambidextrous boiler ??????????? :-)

Reply to
woodglass

Shut off the working radators completely (use the balancing valves if all else fails) and open all the valves on the cold ones.

Bleed every last son of a bitch of them, and if necessary crank the pump up to full speed to clear any airlocks.

Also, it may be that you have isolation valves in the pipework that have been thoughtfully turned off by the decorators.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher