Central heating feeder tank overflow pipe.

Recently, my neighbour asked me to look at her ch feeder tank overflow pipe, which was protruding from its roof-line exit by about two feet rather than six inches.

On looking in her loft, I saw that the plastic pipe had sprung loose from a plastic elbow at the tank. It was a simple matter to pull the pipe back to the elbow and re-fit.

My question is, should that joint have been permanently made with solvent adhesive, or is a "push-fit" arrangement OK?

Obviously the plumber thought so, when it was installed!

I'd be grateful for anyone's comments.

Thanks

Bruce.

Reply to
Bruce Hall

Long time since i've done any overflow plumbing, bu tback then (10 years) the plumbers merchant only had push together stuff, which wasn't suitable to weld. I did think it was a bit naff, but as it was only a short run with one elbow on a toilet cistern and would remain on show, I decided it wasn't a bother. Note to self - keep an eye on the overflow arrangements in the loft!

Reply to
zikkimalambo