Central heating control switch

My boiler has one of the old rotating clock style timers (for heating) that offers only 2x on and 2x off for 24 hours, no flexibility or 5/7 day programming. Ita a Danfoss 103 model. As i understand it you can get replacement timers that fit on the same base plate (the Danfoss just unplugs from the backplate via 4 spade terminals) Can anyone recomend a replacement timer, nothing to fancy, just for heating as on a combi boiler, that will plug into the existing back plate? Would be nice if it could be programmed for mon-fri one time, sat-sun another time with perhaps a +1hour funtion or similar for the heating.

Many thanks in advance

Reply to
>{daZza

Better to fit a programmable thermostat and leave the heating set to be on throughout the day. The hot water side will only really react to demand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nice idea but the flat has no stats (1950's property) only rad stats :-(

Reply to
>{daZza

You could fit a room stat - possibly wireless if cabling is difficult - in the living room and simply turn the TRVs in that room to maximum.

I've got TRVs throughout - apart from in the living room - and with a carefully balanced system this still allows a temperature differential to be set for various times of the day. It works pretty well.

My programmer is a pretty basic on once, twice or continuous type.

Replacing the normal room stat with a programmable one resulted in a near

10% reduction in fuel bills during the coldest time of the year where I'd leave the heating on 24 hours.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)