Carpets and staining

Is there any reason why a 100% wool carpet would be significantly more prone to staining, and harder to clean, than say an 80/20 wool/synthetic mix?

It doesn't make sense to me that it would be, but this is what is being insisted...

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

I've been cleaning carpets & training people to clean carpets for donkeys years, never heard of that & it doesn't make sense to me either.

I suppose it could be argued that the 20% synthetic part wouldn't stain as much, but I don't think you would notice in practice. In any case, whilst wool stains easier, it doesn't retain soiling as much.

If in doubt Scotchguard it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We have a wool carpet in the lounge that I cleaned with a rug docter 2 years ago. It did cross my mind to use Scotchguard, but I didn't know which one to use.

Any advice Dave?

Another bloody Dave

Reply to
Dave