Carpet protecter

I am shortly to carpet a newly restored room to be used as an office / workshop.

It will be carpeted. My wheeled office chair would ruin it if not protected.

I want to cover a larger area than the customary 27" vinyl strips or

68 x 150cm.

If anyone knows where I could obtain a large area or know of a way of adhering a couple of adjacent strips I would be very grateful to hear about it.

TIA and Happy New Year.

Alan

Reply to
pinnerite

Search workshop antistatic floor mats

Larger than 27" on Amazon - 130 x 150cm (47" x 60")

alan_m

When we had still had a Staples locally ( the big office supply shop), I remember they sold large plastic carpet protectors to go under office chairs. They must have been at least 1.5m in dia if not 2m, although I think they weren’t perfectly circular - more octagonal. They were clear, thick, plastic.

I can’t believe they were the only retailers.

Perhaps one of their competitors? Ryman, Viking etc?

Reply to
Brian

Alternatively, can you can fit "glides" instead of castor wheels to the chair?

Andy Burns

If they really are vinyl (i.e. flexible PVC) then they can be glued together with PVC solvent glue, easy and permananent. You can get 'soft plastic' glue which will preserve the flexibility better than ordinary PVC cement which is intended for rigid PVC pipework.

Reply to
Chris Green

It has always been my experience that after a few months these become trip hazards as the continuous rolling on one side makes the corners and edges curl up. Maybe you have found better ones. Most offices tend to use short pile carpets that do not deform like a living room carpet does. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I seem to remember you posted a link previously for screw-in glides for other types of furniture that were a lot cheaper than those

Reply to
Andrew