Can I set an auto start up for a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer?

Hi all,

I have a Samsung CLP-310 Laser printer, used at times with my desktop computer using XP Home.

I switch the printer on but keep forgetting to turn it off again!

Is there any way of adding a programme to automatically switch the printer on when I want to print a document, then after a set time turn it off if not used again.

A copier I used at work did do this.

Thanks,

Mick.

Reply to
Mick.

I would expect there to be an option for it to go into a low power standby or sleep mode.

It should then wake up when you next send it a print job. Read the manual. I would expect this be a default setting normally, unless you (or a previous owner) have turned it off.

Are you sure that it didn't just go to sleep?

If it was a shared resource, I don't think it would be very popular if it was always switched off every time someone tried to print to it!

Reply to
Terry Casey

In article , Mick. writes

It should drop into power save mode after a set time and will wake up again when you start sending data to it again. Standby power is quoted as less than 10W which is about as good as you're going to get.

Reply to
fred

When I was looking at colour laser printers a few years ago, one of the things I checked was standby power. I can't remember which printer it was, just that it was a typical home use, networkable one, but I remember being shocked by one having a standby power of 120W !

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Dell 1320C (4W) & OKI B410 (7W) in the office, I didn't check . . .

Reply to
fred