Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is available?

The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a replacement.

With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one. The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!) with a base diameter of about eight inches and a top diameter of about four inches and a height of about four inches.

It's job is to stop leaves and dead frogs dropping into the downpipe.

Reply to
Chris

Could one of those terminal guard cages they sell for boiler flue outlets do the job?

Reply to
BillR

Thanks for your reply. I dunno. Never heard of them. Could you give me a reference?

Reply to
Chris

Dunno if this is what you want:

-- Regards, Martin

Reply to
Mart.C.

In article , Mart.C. writes

Thanks for the link. That's not quite it though. I wonder if there's a guttering company that would have something suitable?

Reply to
Chris

Odd that no-one's managed to come up with something... I hate to admit to browsing the Scotts of Stow catalogue (erm... it is my mother's, not mine, ok?) but they have just the thing you're looking for. I think.

Item number 26690 "Gutter Ball" 7.95ukp. I haven't tried their website, they may have an online catalogue:

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Angove