Cable Quality

Is there much to choose between different suppliers' twin and earth? Contacted 3 suppliers for 6mm T&E and got one at £2.19/m and two at £1.10/m. Looks like the first is just a rip off merchant, but thought I would check. Remembered to ask the last one whose cable he supplied and received a vague "could be one of four" reply.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

In terms of performance they should all be the same as they *should* conform to the same BS - and any reputable seller would only stock these.

I've only once come across a faulty batch - and that from a respected maker. They'd not used enough chalk or whatever and the outer sheath was partially welded to the inner insulation making it difficult to strip back.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have had that problem once with cable from B&Q. Assumed it was chepo cable rather than aa bad batch and have never bought cable from them since.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote

Funny, I thought that's what all the unsold "Brut 33" talc was used for!! Can't believe there's any shortage

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I just got some like that from Wickes - and it was 10 mm so really difficult to strip.

Reply to
Bob Martin

The way copper prices are going, find a supplier who updates their pricelist infrequently.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The message from "Andy Dingley " contains these words:

They'll be the ones with no stock!

Reply to
Guy King