Cable protector stuff

Is there a name for that rubbery cable protector stuff that is laid across roads to prevent damage to cables powering temporary traffic lights etc? I need a metre of something similar, or a bit lighter, for a run of t&e over concrete in the garden. An overhead wire would be unsightly and I don't fancy smashing up a load of concrete to bury it.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Why not just put it into a conduit? - either plastic or metal.....plastic is cheaper, and can probably be concreted/cemented over if it's going to be there for any length of time - another advantage of plastic is that it can be split and applied after the cable is already installed.

Reply to
Phil L

It's called, well, "cable protector":

one place that page says it's PVC, which would probably deteriorate outside under UV, but elsewhere it says it's rubber. An alternative would be to slot and chamfer a bit of planking which you could also screw down, as the rubber stuff walks.

Chris

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

The place it has to be protected from foot traffic is across a gate opening so we want it as low as possible to avoid trips. I've got some extremely sturdy black plastic pipe for the cable to run through alongside a fence to where the power's required, but the pipe is about 30mm diameter - too high for a walkway.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

sense.

I like that idea. I have timber, I have a plane, a router, and a hammer drill, it can be done without me having to traipse round shops; it's a winner!

Ta.

Si.

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot