Buying Flexible Pipe for Laying Cables

I have the floor partly up in the living room and I would like to run some cables under the hallway to the consumer unit it the porch. There is a sleeper wall in the way under the door way to the living room so trying to pull the cables through under the hallway floor is going to be difficult. If I could pull some flexible pipe through the pulling the cable through will be easier but where do I buy flexible plastic pipe in small quantities ie about 20 feet. I live in SW Herts.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

====================== Look at this for some general ideas:

a browse in your local B&Q for something more specific.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 5 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

The best technique I have found for getting past a sleeper wall (presumably with lots of holes in), is to use long garden canes, with string duct taped to the end. With a 3m cane, you can go well over 4m (with long arms) between access points and the stiffness of the cane makes find a missing brick in the sleeper wall child's play.

Another really useful technique is to use a camcorder. With the screen angled upwards and the filming light turned on, you just pop it into your hole and get a good view of the underfloor to plan your assault.

Finally, if you have a reasonably flat underfloor, a cheap "off road" radio controlled car, with string securely attached (both for pulling and more emergency vehicle retrieval) works wonders, although won't help with the sleeper wall. This works best with the camcorder to see with (and a cheap torch duct taped on).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Pulling cables through any form of ducting ain't easy unless that ducting is very much larger than the cables. And a ribbed flexible type would be even worse.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Christian McArdle writes

Woss wrong wiv a Ferret;?......

Reply to
tony sayer

ferret shit. Unless you meant the armoured car, in which case he wants to pull cables, not blow the house up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Christian, you de man!

You have just given me a reason to buy a rc Dalek. Woo hoo!

Francis

Domestic pussy cat is better. Starve it for a few days then put some pilchards in the cat bowl. then release puss under the floor with cord tied to her tail.

Perhaps you could borrowq the cat from the "Automatic Cat Feeder" thread thereby solving two problems.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Crafty :-)

I've used the 'springy' tent pole you get with those dome tents.

Reply to
Rob

through the

flexible

I seem to have missed the original message, but if you go into your local Maplins you should be able to get something suitable in small lengths, but it's not likely to be a particularly good price (same for any small purchase)

sizes, the conduit and fancy endings for making it look pretty.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

Using the camcorder sounds the best idea. If I feed the cables through from the porch with somebody else looking to see when they get level with the living room I should be able to hook them and pull them through a gap in the sleeper wall.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev