butchering door frame

I have a conventional double glazed external door with the normal plastic frame. I have to cut away the part of the threshold that the door claps against so that a disability buggy can get through. Presumably this will reveal a void, since the plastic will be hollow. Any suggestions for filling this void?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I have a conventional double glazed external door with the normal

All I know is that you can buy frames with a very flat threshold if you have the budget to change the whole thing.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

3mm Stainless steel plate and suitable wooden "Filler" underneath for support
Reply to
Nthkentman

I was going to say that. Indeed it may actually be better to get the right frame and door fitted for strength, draughtproofing and anti drop reasons Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff