burglar alarm, again!

How likely am I to succeed in replacing a failed strobe?

Call out engineer left the original circuit board on site. With the battery charged up (I used 12V DC at the board input terminals) it appears to function OK apart from the strobe.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Well Maplin have them for £1, so it's probably worth a try! I haven't looked on eBay.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

What is the device, one of those high voltage xenon things, or are you looking at a rotating mechanical fuzz light type strobe? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Linear tube as found by Peter.

Mine has the connections turned through 90deg. for circuit board fixing and I don't recognise the flying lead. Otherwise looks similar.

At 1 UKP each, the price is right!

120 each fitted! There might be an opportunity for Geoff at Watford:-)
Reply to
Tim Lamb

If you need to bend the wires make sure you put absolutley no stress on the wire/glass seal. Hold the wire in a pair of point nosed pliers and bend on the side away from the glass.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Point well made. Those wires look extremely thick and hard to bend.

Mind, I'm old enough to remember the introduction of reed switches and just those problems:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

stress

Guess how I learnt... B-)