Building control in two stages - full plans / building notice

Can I submit full plans for just the shell of my extension, i.e. foundations, slab, walls, windows, roof (I need these as 2 metres from public sewer), then do all the rest on a building notice. This would make the "full" plans simple enough for me to draw. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I think not, you need to work out how to do the whole job, else you may come very unstuck.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You *could* - but you might end up paying double the fee - because it would be classed as two projects. Have a word with your Building Control dept and get their take on it.

Reply to
Set Square

But would they take the first project, case it would be unfinished, it would not meet the requirments.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

On 26 Sep 2005 09:07:20 -0700, a particular chimpanzee named sm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

If you're building a twenty storey office block, you could do it in stages. If you're building an extension, your chances are non-existent.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Um, what I mean is the first stage on full plans is the "extension", but empty. I.e. obviously the walls finished if that is part of the insulation spec, also with windows. What I mean is the plumbing, electrics, kitchen units, internal doors, etc on the building notice. I would happily pay the council fee twice to make up the internals as I go along. I think what I am suggesting is very much in the spirit of this group. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson