Building adhesive

Hi

Without going into great detail, is there an adhesive that will stick a narrow capping slab, say 25 cms wide, on top of a cement screed. I really don't want the depth of another mortar course and would like to avoid hacking off the old stuff. The wall is outside and so the adhesive would have to cope with damp conditions.

Are there any recommendations, even commendations please ?

TIA Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

resin used for fixings would work very well.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Tile adhesive designed for outdoors. It's basically just a fine mortar. You'll get it in most DIY places. It's a powder in a bag rather than a paste in a tub.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had a similar problem last year and what I used was the spirit based Grippa tube adhesive that carpet fitters use!! the 4 capping pieces are still stuck solid to the garden wall after 12 months.. Just make sure both surfaces are clean and dry and free from any dust.. All be good Grumps

Reply to
Grumps