Bubbling Keston 25 Problem - Please help

AIUI 50C is sufficient to kill off Legionella. I suppose that if you ran the boiler on a very low setting you might be able to set up the conditions. I don't know how well the bacteria get on with very dilute suplhuric acid which is what the condensate is.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The exhaust gasses are very hot and then are cooled. Water should be store at 60C and above to eliminate Legionnaires.

Reply to
IMM

For some reason it is disturbingly more expensive than the two items bought separately.

Keston Celcus 25 = 679 + VAT Keston Spa 200L = 710 + VAT Keston Duet 200L = 2020 + VAT

I can't see a frame and a few pipes and zone valves costing over 600 quid. It sounds pretty easy to install, though. Just connect up electricity supply, room stat, radiator circuit, cold supply, hot outlet, flue (plastic drainpipe), pressure relief pipe and condensate drain and you're ready to commission.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

...and the gas... 8-)

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Nah. I prefer not to touch the gas side. ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle