Broken mirror

Hi,

In one of our apartments we have a mirror as a splash back in the kitchen, behind the two plates on the oven. Today it cracked when one of the guests boiled an egg on one of the plates. Is this possible?? It has had a lot of cooking done over the winter and no problem ( we did not put the mirror). Has any one else had this happen to them?? Or is there special mirrors that are steam proof??

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel