Briggs+S lawn mower engine

Bit of a long shot but My dad has a B&S rotary lawn mower he has taken the carb off because it was not running properly but now cannot remember where the two springs that control the speed should be fitted on the carb. is anyone familiar with this engine.

Which engine? If it's the Classic 35 I've got one. Two actually.
Si
John Donne wrote:

I wonder if you have any idea how many different engine types Briggs and Stratton have made over the last 60years. However as its a rotary and has two governor springs it's quite possibly like this.
http://i41.tinypic.com/zn0tib.jpg
(found after a quick Google) But note the top spring in this pic is fitted incorrectly the left hand side of the top spring should attach to the same point as the lower spring, on the left hand side. also if the carburetter has been stripped because of poor running, the diaphragm and gasket between the carb body and fuel tank should be replaced.
-

Thanks i will post him the picture I think that's the correct model.

I take it that the photo also shows the priming section but without the rubber bulb. Does anyone know how to stop the priming bulb being sucked in during use? I can prime the engine ok but run it for a short while and the bulb gets pulled in. You stop the engine and the bulb eventualy returns to its normal position but once more gets pulled in with the engine going. :-(
Thanks,
Gio

Gio wrote:

ah. Then you have a blocked air admittance hole in the fuel filler cover!

Sorry I should have said, I tried that without any luck.
Gio wrote:

then you have a blocked fuel feed

Ah, do you think there are two fuel pickups from the tank? I was just thinking there was one hence I was confused re being able to prime the engine.
Gio wrote:

unscrew the fuel tank filler cap a few turns when it happens and see if the primer bulb returns to normal. (the primer bulb is just out of shot at the bottom of that picture)

Thank you but I did try that, thinking that the cardboard type washer in the lid had sealed to tank but with it removed it did not make any difference. I found it odd I could pump the bulb and inject petrol into the throttle body. (removed airfilter to see). You can pump it 10 or more times and the bulb return as soon as you remove your finger. I think I will have no option but strip the carb down and see what is inside.
Gio wrote:

youtube video of what to expect, butits a good idea to replace the diaphragm and gasket, they are only few pounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4OWXW520k

Thank you all for your help and special thanks to Mark. I never thought of youtube as an educational site so just goes to prove you learn a new thing every day :-) that video clip is ideal and prep for tomorrows job.
Thanks again