Brand new Hoover oven. Fault ?

5 week old twin electric oven.

Basically fitted into a void and a clear 1" off the base of the unit.

We've noticed that the top oven cuts out in use - light inside goes off and power no longer supplied to heat (warning light also goes off).

Bottom oven seems fine.

Clearly some thermostatic cut out ? Unless I've not understood something in the (pisspoor) manual ?

Before I give them both barrels, anything I may have missed ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The instruction manual I found for a random Hoover Oven (ho7d3120i) seems to show a ventilation "gap" 500 x 50-60mm at the top/rear of the oven housing, have you got such a gap?

Reply to
Andy Burns

And another gap at the bottom too ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The whole oven is basically fitted into thin air. No top or back to the cabinet, and you could almost lie underneath it.

It took a few weeks to clock it was happening, as the *fan* keeps running all the time. At first SWMBO thought the internal bulb had blown. But observation has shown it's cutting in/out.

Curiously (?) It's doing it even on a low temperature setting (140 C).

SWMBO has also remembered that last time we bought a new Stoves oven (2010) it needed replacing within a month. I may have posted here at the time ... the engineer turned up with the wrong part and was unable to source the correct one. Despite working for the manufacturer.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

With typical "wouldn't you know it" an engineer called and the ****ing thing worked perfectly.

However I did get a couple of tips:

1) If a thermal cutout had tripped, the clock would have gone off (it didn't) 2) A video showing the fault and explaining it would have been useful.
Reply to
Jethro_uk

My range cooker has at least two thermal cutouts, IIRC they only trip the ovens, not the display.

Reply to
newshound