Boiler Pipework Question

Installing a replacement boiler. I now have a wall mounted unit with flow and return pipes upwards from the top of the boiler.

The flow continues upwards from the boiler, but the return from the floor level must now go up vertical alongside the boiler and then an inverted U to the boiler return pipe.

I feel that I need a vent at the top of the U to release any trapped air, logically I cant see a problem - or is there?

TIA

Reply to
robf

An air bleed vent (manual) would be quite the norm in this position. Once the bulk of the air is out the pump should move smaller bubbles around to they find a radiator.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

This appears to be an odd arrangement to me. Normally, the flow and return pipes run together in parallel, rather like the live and neutral of an electrical circuit. Do you have an old single pipe radiator circuit? On the other hand, sometimes the flow goes off to the cupboard to get valved, whilst the returns all meet up somewhere else.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle