Boiler Noise

All these additives worry boiler manufacturers. Less is best. I know yo

> find it hard but I would drain it down flush it through drain again fil > again if you must add an inhibitor but better check the ph, which shoul > be 7 in your case, in the case of a cast iron heat exchanger it wants t > be a little more acidic. If ph too acidic add inhibitor accordingl > until it is 7. > > As to your problem, you could while it's drained down fit a new pum > head wouldn't do any harm anyway. > > If you're an additive freak, many people are experiencing goo > silencing benefits with washing up liquid, and good cleansing effec > from dishwasher tablets. Do it at your own risk. > > The greatest benefit you can diy for your central heating is drain i > down flush and refill more often than every 23 years.

Just to bring interested parties up to date, I contacted British Ga (BG) and asked for a second opinion. They sent a 'Technician' h seemed very thorough and asked where my Balancing valve was - I showe him and he found it was tight off! I asked why a BG engineer would d such a thing and he said if we had an airlock. This was so a few month back when again BG had sent out an engineer.

So that person had not re-opened the valve once they had cleared th airlock. Then to compound the problem the man who quoted for the hea exchanger had not fully checked the system before doing so. Nor have had an apology from BG either by letter or phone.

I have written to Trading Standards and await their reply.

Conra

-- Conrad

Reply to
Conrad