Blue spirit based wood preservative where?

Where can I find some blue spirit based wood preservative? I dont want the wax based stuff.

I can get green or any of a huge range of hideous browns but not blue in the sheds.

My alternative strategy is to use a clear one and add a blue spirit based woodstain. Anyone know what sort would be best?

TIA

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Do you want a transparent one or an opaque?

Cuprinol do a couple, but also look at Sikkens, Sadolin and Jotun. Jotun will do any colour that you like.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think the ones that Sadolin, Sikkens and Jotun do are the sort which are "barrier" types with either waxes or a polymer formulation. Cuprinol Shed & Fence Preserver is more the sort of thing that I want but they don't do it in blue.

Cheers tho

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Have a look at Jotun's Norwegian web site and check the products. I think that there is one. Take the name and check on an English language site. There is supply into the UK, but the UK web site does not describe all products properly .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'll check it out, cheers.