Best way to repair scuffed varnished table?

I have one of those high gloss Italian inlaid tables - mass produced and which seem to be everywhere now. The surface - which appears to be hard varnish or lacquer, has been moderately scuffed by the kids, and has some minor scratches in it (nothing too deep).

I want to sell it, and so need to give it a bit of a refurb.

What would be the best (easiest/quickest/cheapest) way to restore the surface - not necessarily back to a mirror finish, but at least to remove the scuff marks and scratches.

Cheers dg

Reply to
dg