Best paint for fire surround

So, I got a pretty decent old pine fire surround for a tenner on FB marketplace. Decided to paint it white - couldn't find any white heatproof paint so thought I'd chance it with white eggshell. It looks really good but the underside is bubbling up a bit in the middle where it gets most of the heat from the fire.

Any suggestions for a good white paint that would resist heat well?

Reply to
Richard Conway

Enamel? Such as

Andy Burns

Radiator paint?

Reply to
Clive Arthur

IIRC you can get a pretty good white radiator paint.

Or this

The Natural Philosopher

That looks ideal - thanks - searched Amazon several times and didn't find this so I owe you one! 😁

Reply to
Richard Conway

Usually its the bonding that fails, and you can hardlyuse 2part stove enamel in situ. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There is a special intumescent paint that the BCO will usually insist on if you want to keep some historic wood cladding.

The Grand Designs program where an old RNLI lifeboat station at the top of the slipway (?mumbles or Devon) was converted to a house. It had a timber clad ceiling which they kept but the BCO made them paint it with something.

Reply to
Andrew