Bent thermal insulation boards

A delivery of 2.4x1.2 plasterboards arrived at my brothers yesterday.

They were well wrapped up and left out over night. The package consisted of, starting at the bottom, a pallet, a 12.5mm plasterboard, 11 thermal boards (25mm insulation with 9.5mm plasterboard), 18 x 12.5mm plasterboards, and on the top, evenly spaced out were 12 bags of plaster.

All looked fine until we started to get them inside this morning. Once everthing was lifted off the thermal boards and there was no weight on them we could see that the thermal boards were warped.

We have lifted them inside and laid them on the floor of the extension for now.

How bent should these thermal boards be and could the temperature have affected them (ie could the different properies of the insulation and the plasterboard act like a bi metallic strip)? It was minus 4C when we started to take them in.

The boards got progressively more bent the further down they were in the pile.

I know time will tell but the plasterer is coming at 8 in the morning and we might need to make plans for new boards.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It sounds more like moisture in them. Fix them in place and they'll soon dry out and go straight. Nothing to worry about if they're fitted properly.

Are they going on the ceiling? If they are................have fun. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop