Bending 22mm copper pipe

London SW

I'd like to know how you manage to get ice in the copper pipe? sure we can fill it with water and freeze the pipe,but how do we freeze the pipe? unless the guy has a large freezer that'll accept a lenght of 4ft piping?
Hardly a practical way is it Dennis.
Sand packed into the pipe was the norm of keeping kinks out of the bend.
London SW

It doesn't work as well as freezing the ice in the pipes but YMMV.
He could just buy a 22 mm bending spring. 8-)

If you try bending an icicle it breaks. Unless you had some way of making the ice a powder, bending a pipe with ice frozen inside would probably just fracture it?

Present day copper tube doesn't bend so well using a spring - even when annealed. The walls are too thin.
--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

That's what the detergent is for, makes crystals rather than crystal.

I know. 8-( Anyone want a second hand spring (if I can find it).

in
the
hammmerite
I was going to do the exact same as you and weighed up the price of the copper pipe and came across long curtain poles in Aldi that were fancy extendable type,these were 4.99 each and got two. Bent them at the relevant corners of the bay and secured them at both ends and one inner sleeve in the middle of the pole and hung with pass through support. These were mild steel anodised to look like silvery chrome.
.

Hmm - didn't know that you could anodise steel; aluminium, yes, but as the anodising of Aluminium produces a form of Aluminium oxide, I would have thought that 'anodised' steel would have just produced what we call rust. Someone please correct me.
If is it 'electro-plated' and it came from Aldis, I wonder just how long the plating will last? Rob

If you fancy a go on a 22mm pipe bender then email me directly. I am working at the Rutland Hotel for the rest of the week.
Adam