BC approval for adding partial insulation to walls

Snap. Relatives currently have only 1" loft insulation (and some areas with none). I bought some rolls when Wickes had it on offer, and was about to install when they said they are planning an extension. I've now held off, in case they are required to spend money improving the rest of the house when the extension is built. Don't want to have to spend it on something pointless just because we'd already insulated the roof. Sheer madness.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

We have loft insulation, double glazing, newish external doors, cavity wall insulation, a foam insulated hot water tank, generally well lagged pipes, a newish boiler and individual heating zones for each room - if we decide to extend, we might just have to remove the loft insulation so that we've got something cheap and easy left to "improve" when they demand it, otherwise we'd be looking at the harder and more expensive options!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

But you can't do that if you had a grant to install it in the first place.

It's interesting that if I just wanted to do my loft it would have cost =A3240 for the insulation + =A3198 for BC to inspect it.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

,

Luckily although we did have a grant for the cavaity wall insulation, we declined one for loft insulation as it was already insulated and any additional layer would have increased the depth and taken away our valuable storage space.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker