Baxi Boiler dies in the night!

Hello there, I have a Baxi Boiler (Combi 80 eco). It was fine las

night but this morning the pilot light has gone out and I can't seem t get it to restart. Am I missing something obvious? There are n warning lights on and there is a small click when I turn the hot tap o but the flame just won't light. many thanks s

-- ss378

Reply to
ss378

ss378 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@homeimprovementbanter.com:

I haven't got a combi, but if it was mine, I would look at the thermocouple. (I presume combis have them!)

It's a device that sits in the pilot flame, and turns off the gas if it gets cold (or fails). The starting procedure is usually to hold in a button, (to keep the gas coming), light the flame and continue to hold until the thermocouple turns on the gas valve.

Certainly in oldfashioned boilers it was the most common failure.

HTH

mike

Reply to
mike