Baxi back Boilers

Hi,

Can any one see a problem in decommissioning a back boiler and keeping the fire? What I mean is draining the boiler and removing the gas valve but keeping the heat exchanger.

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andrew

Nope. As long as the burner on the boiler is permanently capped off. No problem at all.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

No problem. All you really need to do is to disconnect the electrics from the main gas valve - so that there's no possibility of it trying to fire. Apart from that, I'd leave everything in place. Do you need any mains electricity for lighting the fire? [Can't remember whether any models do]. If not, remove the electrics completely.

Reply to
Set Square