BAC window latch mechanism how to get at it?

We had some windows installed by BAC a few years ago (before their latest reincarnation that was discussed here). Overall not bad, but one problem they didn't sort out (and we eventually gave up nagging) was the latch mechanism on a bathroom fanlight, which wasn't screwed on tight -and wouldn't close if it was. This naturally got wobblier with use and I was thinking I ought to do something... but it beat me to it and gave up. The window is closed and when you turn the handle to the 'open' position you can feel that the left hand side is unlatched and the right side still tight. Does anyone have any idea how to get access? If you take off the latch mechanism, it's much like a doorknob- you can see the socket the square shaft engages with and not much else. The edge of the windowframe is well protected by the overhanging edge of the frame on the outside and the frame on the inside. Is it possible to (non-destructively) pry out the glazing bead, and if so would that get me any further?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions ...

Leo

Reply to
spjglcs